Interaction is key for any brand or business that wants to stay in the minds of their customers and have a stronger connection with their audience. In this sense, organizing virtual events has become almost an obligation in any digital marketing strategy today.
If you are looking to digitize your event but you don’t have a goal yet, we share with you everything you need to do about this format that both large and small brands are already using as you read this:
GUIDE TO START A SUCCESSFUL VIRTUAL EVENT FOR YOUR BRAND
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL EVENT OR ONLINE EVENT?
First thing’s first. Virtual events simulate the experience of face-to-face interaction between a group of people in a fully digitized and technology-supported environment, brought together by a specific theme or common goal:
- Learn more about a topic they care about: Join our online skincare workshop led by a renowned dermatologist!
- Starring in an entertainment experience: Attend our online concert with the best hits of the 90’s! Live DJ via Facebook!
- Solve problems of a specific topic: Attend our online event and learn 10 ways to get more attendees for your online event.
- Receive training or new learning: Connect to our online training on Digital Marketing for events.
- Be part of a brand activation or product launch: Welcome to the launch of the world’s first 10-camera cell phone!
Unlike physical events, with virtual events there are no barriers or distance that make it difficult for attendees to show up.
From anywhere in the world, users can access these types of events from the comfort of their homes through the device of their choice.
It is a cost-effective and flexible event format that brands, or businesses can use to engage with their audience on a more personal level, drive brand awareness, or simply promote their products or services as they would a real-world event.
HOW DO VIRTUAL EVENTS WORK?
- Online event planning: The theme and objectives of the event are defined, the platform where its development will take place is chosen, audience research, designs for the event website, alliances with sponsors, invitation of artists or influencers, etc.
- Registration of the guests to the virtual event: Through a personalized form, the data of the users is requested so that they are registered in the event and can attend.
- Development of the theme of the event: This stage is where the virtual event takes place from start to finish. The established themes, interaction with the audience, dynamics, raffles, contests, presentation of artists or guest influencers are exposed.
- Question and answer sessions (Q&A): Generally, in some virtual events of an informative or educational nature, a time is set aside for users to ask the speakers questions and their doubts are resolved in real time.
- Farewell or closure of the online event: Indicates the end of the virtual event. It consists of thanking the audience, saying goodbye or putting a call to action depending on the objective of the virtual event.
- Analyze the metrics and measure the results: Part of the post-event stage. It consists of the analysis of the indicators and data collected in the virtual event to measure its impact and success. Here it is known if the virtual event achieved good results or if, on the contrary, it needs improvements for a future edition.
BENEFITS OF CREATING VIRTUAL EVENTS FOR YOUR BRAND
#1 SHORTER ORGANIZATIONAL TIME
The planning involved in creating a physical event can take months or even a year while holding an online event only takes a few days to less than 1 month.
#2 STRENGTHEN THE UNIQUE CONNECTION YOU HAVE WITH YOUR AUDIENCE
Creating a virtual event is a good opportunity to generate branding and strengthen the ties you have with your clients. It is a communication tool that humanizes brands, making them more accessible and close and allowing them to engage in valuable dialogues with the public.
#3 INCREASES BRAND AWARENESS OR BRAND RECALL
Memorable brands are those that generate memorable experiences where users are the center of the experience. Creating a virtual event often helps new users learn about you and your old customers recognize you as a brand that creates unique experiences for them.
#4 SCALABLE AND GREATER REACH
From 1,000 users to more than 10,000 guests, there is no worry about capacity limits if you decide to create a virtual event for your brand.
#5 MAKES IT EASY TO CREATE A GLOBAL EVENT
The most obvious benefit is the ability to create massive global events where people from anywhere in the world can connect. In addition, if you hold a virtual summit or convention, the guests will no longer have to spend on plane tickets, which increases attendance. The same happens if you have shareholders abroad that you want to invite.
#6 FLEXIBLE TO ANY ITEM AND COMPANY SIZE
Technology has democratized the possibility of creating events for all brands and businesses, which until now were reserved only for large companies with exorbitant budgets.
It does not matter if you have an SME or if you are a small business, thanks to online events you will be able to reach your audience, promote your services and retain customers.
#7 SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS OF EVENT ORGANIZATION AND LOGISTICS EXPENSES
Profitability is another of the biggest benefits of online events. With virtual events, expenses such as production, venue rental, setting, travel expenses for exhibitors, accommodation, maintenance staff, outdoor advertising, catering, etc. are greatly reduced.
#8 RECEPTION OF FEEDBACK IN REAL TIME
Feedback is key in a physical event, it allows us to know what went well and what went wrong to fine-tune strategies or modify them entirely.
But it is usually complex to obtain since it is not so aware of the users individually. (Can you imagine a presenter walking offstage to ask if they’re having a good time?
Therefore, one of the greatest benefits of online events is the ease of collecting feedback. All users are constantly connected, they can answer surveys or polls in real time in sessions.
With these opinions, presenters can evaluate the performance of their exhibition. Which is important to detect if they have been able to hook the public as well as to measure the success of the event from a general perspective.
#9 INDICATORS TO MEASURE THE SUCCESS OF YOUR EVENT
One of the most remarkable benefits of organizing virtual events is that you have a huge collection of data at your fingertips with which you can effectively measure the impact and success of the event.
Depending on your objectives, you will be able to establish indicators such as the number of registrations, the behavior of your public, visits to the website, sales or metrics on the satisfaction and interaction of the public.
By having all this data available, you will be able to evaluate the performance of your online event and know if:
- The budget has been managed effectively
- A higher return on investment has been obtained
- There are areas that you must improve to obtain optimal results in the future
- The success of your event has been so enormous that you can appeal to the sponsors for an upcoming partnership.
PLATFORMS TO CREATE PROFESSIONAL VIRTUAL EVENTS
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
It is an immersive 3D platform based on interactive avatars that communicate by voice in real time. The magic of this platform is that it “humanizes” online events, defeating the cold one-sided communication that exists in video conferences to transform them into 1-1 communication experiences like a face-to-face event.
Benefits of using Virtualand to create virtual events include:
- Two-way voice communication through interactive avatars
- Various rooms that adapt to groups of different sizes, with a capacity of up to 10,000 attendees from different parts of the world.
- Huge screen for live broadcasts within the event
- Branded interactive stands with buttons to load brochures, videos and links
- Local 100% customizable with the colors, logos and graphic line of the brand
- High levels of interaction guaranteed as it is a 3D platform that looks like a video game
- Post-event outdoor areas to cultivate networking among attendees
- Incredible flexibility to adapt to all types of virtual events
This platform to create virtual events allows you to host all the details of your event. From speakers, multi-track agendas, even sponsors. It provides a unique space for exhibitors and ensures a profitable experience.
Brella also has live chat and personalized environments between attendees and sponsors.
You can organize virtual events of any size. The exhibition stands will be positioned in an environment and can be designed according to the company.
With this platform to create virtual events you will have a little bit of everything: one2one meetings, challenges and online conferences.
Each participant creates their personalized profile, and you can also indicate the days and times they will be available for meetings, thus preparing a personalized agenda for each one.
Simple videoconferencing program to create online events for up to 1,000 participants. Users enter through a private link only for registered users. There can be one exhibitor or several exhibitors at the same time who interact through audio and chat.
Zoom enables screen sharing and live presentations, as well as voting features to create polls for attendees. As the host of your massive event, you can divide the attendees into small groups of up to 50 participants and rotate the sessions.
TYPES OF VIRTUAL EVENTS
ONLINE CONGRESSES OR CONFERENCES
Periodic online meetings where professionals make various presentations to exchange points of view and have discussions on a specific topic.
CONCERTS AND VIRTUAL SHOWS
In this type of virtual event, artists, groups or festivals hold concerts through an online platform in order to continue disseminating their talent, pamper their fans, innovate their image, monetize and obtain more reach, unlike a concert with limited capacity.
VIRTUAL BOOK FAIRS
Open space online cultural event where book lovers, international authors and publishing houses meet for several days to promote the habit of reading. Conversations, literary launches, cultural activities are organized, they also have as an objective the sale of books, so different publishers meet with books of all genres, ages and prices.
VIRTUAL CAREER OR VOCATIONAL FAIRS
Activity where students learn about the various vocations they can pursue in a single space where different universities (or a single university) provide information about their professional careers but in an online environment.
Such an important event where various exhibitors will speak from the comfort of their home to multiple attendees.
CELEBRATIONS OR VIRTUAL CEREMONIES
Perhaps for the anniversary of the company, an important date of celebration for the internal communication of your staff, birthdays, or events to celebrate a holiday such as Christmas, virtual celebrations are one of the types of online events that help bring people together.
VIRTUAL BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP FAIRS
A space where merchants, customers and suppliers can do business in the same way as they did at a traditional fair. Normally they are done on interactive platforms with avatars since there it is possible to have interactive stands with information about products or services.
WORKSHOPS OR INFORMATIVE TRAINING
There are companies that seek to achieve virtual learning methods for their internal staff that are more didactic than a simple video call, where interest in what is being transmitted can be lost. Online workshops or training respond to the need to educate a user interactively through live sessions or using content on demand.
TIPS FOR MAKING SUCCESSFUL, DYNAMIC AND HIGH INTERACTION VIRTUAL EVENTS
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
#1 PERFECTLY STRUCTURED AND ENGAGABLE VALUE CONTENT
A boring party will always be a boring party no matter how many decorations it has and how luxurious the venue is. Bringing this idea to virtual events means that the narrative in your content should be as flawless as you would at an in-person event.
Keep in mind that an online event is not a cheaper version of a face-to-face meeting. In other words, here it is not worth skimping on didactic, visual or panelist resources.
Don’t think that you should lower the level of production and value in your content just because it is an online event. In fact, this type of event requires more effort because attendees tend to be easily distracted when the content is not to their liking or does not reveal something interesting.
Your event must add value and not just be a Zoom call to get on the innovation bandwagon.
Work on documenting yourself well on the topic to be discussed. Synthesize the most relevant information so as not to extend the duration of your virtual events. It includes dynamics and playful resources to liven up the sessions. Prepare presentations and include audiovisual content.
The content of your online event cannot be improvised and weak. Otherwise, your audience will feel like you’ve wasted their time.
The interior will be your most valuable hook, take advantage of it.
#2 ONLINE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS TO PROMOTE YOUR VIRTUAL EVENT
If you want to promote a virtual event profitably, there is no better way to do it than by investing in advertising.
This channel allows you to segment and show your online event to the people who best fit the profile of your target, managing to increase attendance.
#3 GAMIFICATION OR DYNAMICS TO INCREASE ENGAGEMENT IN FRONT OF A DIFFICULT AUDIENCE
Maintaining engagement in an audience with cameras and microphones turned off is the biggest challenge you will have in your online event.
That is why you should include playful activities or games in each content block of your sessions. Remember that online users are vulnerable to hundreds of distracting stimuli, which can cause them to disconnect from it.
Some ways to liven up your event are through:
- Role playing games
- escape rooms
- Prize-winning games with scores
Have a list of activities on hand that will re-engage attendees with your event and elevate the line of interaction.
#4 SHORTEN THE DURATION OF YOUR EVENT OR SPLIT IT INTO DIFFERENT DAYS
Creating virtual events friendly to the audience means rethinking the duration that we will assign to them.
Unlike a physical event where it is easier to spend hours listening to a speaker, online events have a different dynamic: screens that irritate the eyes, uncomfortable chairs, positions that tense the muscles, mental exhaustion.
All this contributes to the fact that people do not last so long in an online event.
Therefore, it is important to reduce the number of hours and evaluate the most appropriate duration. Ideally it should not be more than 2 hours. If it is an event with extensive topics, you can organize them on different dates.
#5 SHARE CONTENT TO CREATE SUSPENSE AND GET MORE ATTENDANCE
Periodic sharing in the run-up to your event is important to generate interest and give your audience a sneak peek of what will be played.
The idea is not that you upload commercial or sales content, but that you nurture your potential attendees with quality content related to your event.
It will be easier for people to attend if they already know what to expect as opposed to a mystery event that they know little about other than the date.
The content that you can share around your event can be:
- Exhibitor stories explaining the event themes
- Snacks of content or publications on social networks explaining some topic of the event
- Live broadcasts to answer questions about the event and meet the presenters
- Short videos explaining concepts of some theme of the event.
- Posts on your brand’s blog related to your online event.
- E-mail to send newsletters about your event, revealing surprise data with each delivery.
#6 LANDING PAGES WITH COMPLETE INFORMATION THAT CONVERTS INTERESTED INTO REGISTERED ATTENDEES
The landing page is the place dedicated exclusively to your event where your attendees will land after clicking on your ads on social networks, banners, or emails.
It is a decisive area. The first contact where interest is generated, and the attention of your audience is captured. Here they will decide if it is worth registering for your online event or, on the contrary, skipping it.
Therefore, to get interested users to register for your event, you must give them as many details as possible to convince them.
It must be strategically designed so that all information from your online event is accessible to them, in other words: a source of information available to anyone who cares for your online event.
Make the landing page contains:
- The topics will perform at the event
- Information about the speakers
- special guests and artists influencers
- Date and time of the event
- Schedules for each content block
- Videos or pictures that generate attention or interest
- Payment gateways with media logos available
- Buttons to social networks and link your brand to your main web page
#7 ENTHUSIASTIC PRESENTERS WHO EXPRESS THEMSELVES CLEARLY
If you want to create successful online virtual events, you should invest in good masters of ceremonies or experienced speakers who know how to communicate effectively, animate a virtual audience and explain the content in an entertaining way.
It is not an essential option, but think about it, if the people who manage your business or yourself do not know how to explain yourself, it is better to hire someone with a good oratory in front of the camera.
8# INCLUDE A COUNTDOWN ON YOUR EVENT WEBSITE AS A MENTAL SCARCE TRIGGER
In addition to being an exciting tradition to ring in the New Year, countdowns used in virtual events serve to activate the mental trigger of scarcity: they make more users feel the need to register.
This happens because they will simply see a limited time and feel that if they don’t sign up now, they will miss out.
Use countdowns on your landing page and in the emails you send.
#9 INTEGRATED AND RELIABLE PAYMENT METHODS
If you want to monetize your virtual event, the ideal is that the registration website already includes a payment gateway that accepts various means: debit and credit cards, payment links, bank transfers, cash payment, etc.
You must provide a variety of methods to the user so that they don’t decline their registration. If your event is aimed at an international audience, try to implement a global payment gateway to show the amount in the currency of your audience.
#10 AUDIOVISUAL EQUIPMENT FOR A POLISHED AND PROFESSIONAL VIRTUAL EVENT
Would you do the event of your prestigious brand in an old, dusty house with a half-fallen roof? It wouldn’t even be in your plans unless it’s a horror story event.
To organize an online event, you must stock up on audiovisual production equipment such as:
- Full HD cameras: This equipment is the heart of your online event. With a camera that records in high quality you will get clear, visually pleasing broadcasts that hook your audience and do not show them a blurry and unstable image like a video recorded on YouTube from 2005.
- Microphones for high-quality audio: Nothing is more irritating than distorted, scratchy, or choppy audio. With a professional microphone you will capture diaphanous, clear sounds with excellent stability so that your audience listens carefully to what you have to say.
- Live production switcher: Audiovisual device that allows giving instructions at a technical level, mixing music, using transitions, changing the video planes for more dynamism, etc. Indispensable to create impeccable content that entertains the audience.
HOW CAN I CREATE A VIRTUAL EVENT FOR MY BRAND OR BUSINESS?
WITH VIDEO CONFERENCE TOOLS
At this point we are referring to basic tools for online events such as Zoom or Google Meet, where the event takes place through a simple videoconference and some presentations.
THROUGH LIVE TRANSMISSIONS OR LIVE STREAMING ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
Live broadcasts on networks like Facebook or Instagram are a good option to start in the world of online events. They are easy to perform and allow you to see your audience’s reactions and comments on the fly.
ON A CUSTOMIZED WEBSITE FOR ONLINE EVENTS
Custom web pages for virtual events allow you to share live streams, upload presentations and brand the event with logo and colors. In some of them there are also functions to interact with the audience such as polls, questions and more.
If you have attended a webinar, you will know what we mean.
3D PLATFORMS WITH INTERACTIVE AVATARS LIKE VIRTUALAND
If what you really want for your brand is to create an interactive, memorable virtual event that engages the audience, you need to organize events on platforms like Virtualand.
As we mentioned above, it is a 3D software based on avatars that interact by voice and chat with other attendees.
All within an environment that simulates a real event center 100% personalized with the theme of your event, concept or graphic line.
Until now, avatar-based platforms are the most innovative format for organizing online events or conferences.
They place the user inside the experience, allowing them to move and converse with other users as if they were in reality.
Furthermore, due to its interactive nature, the levels of engagement and attention rise significantly.
SERVICE OF MEMORABLE VIRTUAL EVENTS IN PERU
We always enjoy a good party! But do you know what we love more? Being behind the scenes making sure the dry guests are having a great time!
With more than 17 years of experience in corporate and BTL events, at Stringnet we plan your virtual event with technology, creativity and strategy. We don’t just create online events: we create memorable brand experiences.
We offer you:
- Professional Live Streaming Service
- Customized website for virtual events and conferences
- Recording studio
- High-quality audiovisual equipment: full HD cameras, digital switcher and professional audio
- Immersive 3D platform with avatars to create interactive virtual events
- Organization of hybrid events: combination of online and physical events simultaneously